The National Term 1 school holidays will now begin on Monday 23 March 2020 and last until 3 April 2020.
The Minister for Education, Heritage and Arts, in consultation with the Prime Minister, has come to this decision in the best interest of the health and welfare of the teachers and children of Fiji as part of the Fijian Government’s sweeping measures to protect the Fijian people from the COVID-19 virus.
The first term school holidays were initially scheduled from 20 April 2020 to 1 May 2020.
The school holiday may be extended as the COVID-19 situation in Fiji evolves.
Students will not be able to use their bus cards during the school holidays.
Meanwhile, Minister Akbar advises all parents and teachers to ensure they rely exclusively on official government statements for all COVID-19 updates and do their part to support Fiji’s nationwide COVID-19 response by practicing good hygiene:
– Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
– Practice social distancing. This means maintaining a safe distance of 2 metres between individuals as much as possible and avoiding in-person contact, including handshakes and hugs.
If you are feeling unwell, or know someone who is feeling unwell, immediately contact the Health Ministry on one of these numbers:
- In the Central Division call 2219905;
- In the Eastern Division call 2219906;
- In the Western Division call 2219907; and
- In the Northern Division call 2219908.